Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

AMW Version: "Sweets for My Sweet" Look

 "Sweets for my sweet, 
Sugar for my honey....
I'll never ever let you go..."

*sigh* I seriously have this romantic bone in me that I even "demanded" my husband to stay as sweet as he is now no matter how old and wrinkly we get!  "Demand" is such a bad term but he did tell me I don't need to, he'll stay sweet forever.  (All together now... *AAAaaaaaawwwwww*!)

The reason why I am talking about "sweetness" is because of a Graduating Reader who is sweet enough to message me telling me how she finds me to be a sweet person!  *evil laugh* Bwahahahaha Wait till you meet me in person!  :P  Anyways, she'll be graduating soon and she wants to create a "sweet" look on her Graduation Day! 

How could I say no to such sweet request?

The call time for Graduation Day is usually early, I don't want to do heavy make-up as I don't want some make-up meltdown while you wait outside the "hall".  I remember those days when we have to stay outside and line up until the ceremony starts!  Can you imagine how hot and humid it could get?
Here's my version of a Sweets For My Sweet Look that can be done on Graduation Day!


AMW Diagram

Step 1:
Prior to eyeshadow application, prime the lid with your favorite eye primer.  In this tutorial, I prefer to use less eyeshadow for lesser mishaps!  Applied a thin layer of Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow/Liner in Flatter me.  An alternative can be NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil or just plain colorless eye primer.


Pat on a similar shade as "Flatter Me".  In this tutorial, I used The Body Shop's Winter Trend 2010 01 Eye Palette Shade in Twilight.  Eyeshadow shade is Lilac Mist.


Step 2:
Using a pencil brush, gently apply all over the crease area a matte black eyeshadow.  Blend with an eyeshadow blending brush with a wiper motion.  Add more and keep on blending until you get a desired result.  Using the same pencil brush, apply a bit of the matte eyeshadow on the lower lash line instead of using an eyeliner.

Do not worry about fall outs, you can gently brush it out with a "fan brush" or "huge powder brush".

Step 3:
To give a more "romantic pink" effect, apply Pret-a-Pink eyeshadow shade from TBS A La Mode Eyeshadow Quad  to lessen the harsh lines.


Step 4:
With the same TBS A La Mode Eyeshadow Quad, apply futuristic silver eyeshadow on the inner thirds of the lower lash line to give that nice "popped out effect" .


Step 5:
I tight-lined with Revlon ColorStay eyeliner pencil in Dark Brown.  Apply a bit on the waterline.


Fill in brows with your favorite eyebrow pencil.  Curl lashes and apply 2 coats of your favorite mascara!  In this tutorial I have used Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler, L'Oreal Curl Impact Collagene in Black and Paul & Joe Eyebrow Pencil no. 2.

Your eyes will look like this,
or even better! :)

What's on the rest of my face?

For the Face:
Since I am on Pond's Flawless White Unbeaten Challenge, I did not use any Powder Foundation (just powder) in this post just to stick to the rule Sophie has given me!  I dusted a bit of Revlon PhotoReady Powder in 010 Fair.


For the Cheeks:
Colour Collection Duo Blush
in Desert Rose


For the Lips:
Colour Collection Colour Intense Lipstick
in Tea Rose


Don't judge me but I've used a huge pink flower headband from Shannaholic because I was supposed to look like a graduating student = YOUNG! :P


Hope this helps graduating or even non-graduating students out there who wants to create such look!

Keep smilin'
Stay happy!


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar