Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Top 5 Makeup Tips for Hooded Eyes


I always hear people ask me why I wear makeup, why wouldn't I just go about my day and save myself half an hour in the morning. My answer is and has always been because I makes me feel good. It makes me feel more beautiful and confident, doesn't matter what I'm wearing. I always struggled with my image and never thought I was pretty until I started taking my time to correct features that i don't find to my liking. Now I don't want to get into big discussions about it, I'm just saying that I do it for myself, because it makes me happier. 

But I digress, one of the features I like to correct with makeup is my eye shape. I have hooded eyes that point downward and this can make me look sleepy or sad sometimes, so here is a small guide on how I create an every day neutral look to lift and brighten the eyes.

The main feature of hooded eyes is that the outer part of the lid is coverd by the skin from your brow bone. This is something you might be born with (like me) or a result of the skin relaxing with age. It may make your eyes look smaller and droopy, but no worries, there are ways to subtly correct it and lift your eye.

Tip #1: Concealer
Starting from the base, it is very important to conceal and brighten the under eye area with a good concealer such as the Maybelline Fit Me or the NARS Creamy Concealer. When applying it, use an inverted triangle shape starting from the inner corner, to the side of your nose then up towards the temple (more about it in this old post here). Take special care to run your brush close to the outer part of your eye to lift it.

Tip #2: Brows
Taking care of your brows is of crucial importance here because they frame your eyes and can make a hige difference. Choosing a shape that lifts towards the outside will help to lift the entire area and increase your eye space. To help even more, use a light matte cream eyeshadow or pencil under the arch of your brow. Some products for the job are Benefit's HighBrow and the affordable Essence Big Bright Eyes (read more about them here).


Tip #3: Overshade your crease
This is possibly the most effective one of the bunch. Take a matte brown or taupe eyeshadow a couple of shades darker than your skin tone and add some dimension to the eye by shading slightly above the crease and elongating the shape towards the outside, in practice doing a soft cat eye. This will give the illusion that the hood is more receded and that your eye have a more long almond-shaped eyes. As always, blend, blend, blend your shadows to obtain a seamless gradient towards your brow bone highlight.

Tip #4: Highlight the inner corner
This tip comes up in every makeup tutorial to make your eyes look bigger and brighter. Take a shimmery light eyeshadow and place it in your inner corner. You'll be amazed by how big of a difference this makes!

Tip #5: Pop of color
Finally, since gals like us are not blessed with a lot of lid space, but this can't stop us from wearing colorful makeup! However, you won't see much of a colorful eyeshadow on the lid. Try using a colorful eyeliner and running it on your lower lashline for a pop of color that is always visible.

So here we go, my top 5 makeup tips for hooded eyes. Some of these are of course applicable to many other eye shapes. Personally I find an inner corner highlight a must for anyone!

I hope this helped some of you. Do you use tricks like this to enhance or correct your eye shape?
xo
A

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar