Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick

Got Till It's Gone by Janet Jackson

I remember the days when Revlon was hotter than they are now. I'm not saying that they fell off, or that the quality of their products has diminished, or the desire for the brand has shriveled up (even though the scandal did slightly electronically scar them) but, the brand is not as hip-happening as they were 10 years ago. Yet, Revlon as a brand has weathered many a storm, and if there's a company that has proven itself to last through World Wars and bad economies - Revlon already has their trophies. 

That's right Revlon has been around for more than nearly a century (give or take 12 years) and some of their lipsticks have survived with them too. I'm not talking about an archaic lipstick tube in a museum gathering dust, I'm talking about actual shades that are, as they were in the 1950s still being sold in stores. Shocking! Especially when you consider that many lipstick shades crash and burn faster than ... well,  fast.


In today's post, I will be showcasing three lipsticks that intrigued me from Revlon. Two of them have vintage status and the other is a modern shade. I will try to make it brief *audience cheers* and give you all my rudimentary thoughts and feelings so you can decide whether or not you want to invest in a Revlon lipstick.


Revlon lipsticks come in classic black and gold sturdy packaging; it's sleek, classic, and beautiful. I don't think it's changed much from its beginnings (not since I got into makeup anyway) and the old adage rings true - if it ain't broke why fix it? I purchased all 3 shades from the Beauty N Makeup website (great deals). The process was simple and quick as I received my order in less than 2-3 days!


Revlon lipsticks don't seem to have any scent at all, the formulas are creamy, even if the finish is matte, and the colour payoff is superb. Revlon lipsticks kind of have a utilitarian feel about them and they definitely give me "career woman" vibes. You know those who wear makeup not because they're passionately in love with it but because it's part of their uniform. They have shades that they like, which they will buy a back up in but they don't go doolally and buy all the shades.  You know the types of women/people who know what they want - are clear on their budget - and definitely don't want something that will clash with their sleek business suit or commitment to their style or comfort. Needless to say, I admire such discipline. 

If you're such a person -  I'd like some tips - and I'd recommend trying out Revlon lipsticks. Justifiably Revlon lipsticks can do no wrong. Sure, they're not the most entertaining or whimsical lipsticks but the quality (which is what really matters) is absolutely there.

The Shades
Creme 720 Fire & Ice

Although I've never worn lipstick shades based on the season -  this is a very spring/summer shade  - perfect for strolling at the seashore, with your sunglasses on, a floaty summer dress, a floppy hat, and of course your ice cream cone of choice.  What appealed to me most about this shade was its vintage quality and a curiosity about how it would look on darker skin. This shade has been around for nearly half a century which is pretty impressive in the often fickle throw-away world of beauty products - yet I still had low expectations. Whilst this shade looks gregarious in the tube (bright orangey-pinky-red) on the lips it can be more demure due to the creme finish and moisturising feel. Ultimately, it surprised me - I like it.

Creme 440 Cherries in the Snow

Another Vintage lipstick shade from Revlon. This shade is a beautiful Fuschia in a cream finish. It's pretty and I can definitely see why it has lasted so long in Revlon's repertoire. I feel like this is a colour that will suit various skin tones and sensibilities. Pretty perfect.

051 Red Rules The World

The name speaks some truth - red definitely rules in my world for lipstick - but I think green really makes the material clogs of the world tick (or if we get spiritual - love). Anyway, this is a beautiful red that will suit many skin tones. The finish is matte which translates on the lips as a slightly denser product, that isn't as sheer or as balmy in feel like the other lipsticks in this post but, it's still not drying. 


End Thoughts: Practical, Professional, and Proficient.



Have you tried Revlon Super Lustrous Lipsticks?
What are your thoughts and feelings?

Your comments are always welcomed and appreciated!


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar